Wednesday, September 10, 2008

tractor fights back Jim loses


Sept 09 2008

Well I got a great story for you today after work I came home to work in the yard. I fixed that my little Kubota tractor that means I added hydraulic fluid and checked the oil. And got her running. I started moving some dirt around and then decided to rotor till my garden. The tractor started getting hot so I headed to park it so it could cool off as I headed back to park it. I saw the front yard which needed to be rotor killed and so I went to go rotor till it. As we went back over there to rotor till it. ( This is a strip it’s just right in from of the house and the was trying to rotor till it so I can clean it and make it flat so I could move the weeds) As I was starting to rotor till it the bottom radiator hose blew and sent steam and water all over me. Well the water that hit me in the face and arms and led her chest had about 2 feet to cool so it really didn’t burn me bad but the steam and water they hit my leg was still boiling. As a hit my leg it pooled in my tennis shoe and was burning my foot. I pulled off my shoe off as fast as I could. I now have much more compassion for the crab that gives it all for me to have crab legs. I turned off the tractor and kicked off my shoe. I ran back in the house (my wife and daughter were gone shopping) and stuck my foot in the tub under cold water It hurt like heck but I got my sock off and went upstairs. I put some spray antibiotic on it and the then got some shorts on and a different shirt and came down back downstairs. I taken some for the pain is it hurt it still hurt. Marty (a good friend of mine (paramedic for the fire department) came and look at it He said I just had second-degree burns (the blisters ) Told to stay off of it for a little while. And of course watch for inflection. . More fun than I can tell you about. Everyone should be steamed at least once in their lifetime. The good news is as it happened on my bad leg. The one with the hurt knee and hip. So I’ll only limp on one side; I still have one other good leg and I can get around and accomplish whatever I need to do. just thought I’d throw the fun that I was having a story.
The tractor is still waiting in the front It could be waiting for a while!

No comments: