Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trip around Mt Rainier




Well I have to tell ya about the trip we took. John and Mary Ann came out to go on a cruise up to Alaska. And so last Friday we set them on a cruise ship. There’s all kinds of stories and begin with to them to the airport but we won’t go into that. This Friday I guess this Friday would be a August 28 we went and got them from the cruise line. And we thought we ought take them out to Mount Rainier seem like a nice place to go and so we headed out towards Crystal Mountain and went completely around Mount Rainier. I’ll bet you didn’t know that Mt Rainier has a backside. I’ll bet I’ve been here 30 years and I’ve never been completely around Mount Rainier. So we went by the back entrance and headed up towards Paradise there is some really pretty lakes and waterfalls and cool stuff like that on the backside as your headed up there. On the way there we ran into a lake that I had gone fishing to






almost 30 years ago and you could hardly recognize the lake with all the trees that are grown up around it It was then Phil Petty and I went up there fishing I know that’s he’s not the racecar driver as I rode with him in his little coupe and even though he did drive like a maniac then I don’t think he is on the circuit. We then made it to Paradise and they had yanked down the old visitor center and got a new fancy one up. It was kind of interesting to see it now with a lot less snow on it than it normally has. It has been a real hot summer and a long one too. We were able to see the places where years ago we gone up in to ice caving that were totally barren of snow. That’s not that I’m in the global warming or anything I just think this was a hot year. We’re able to come out a similar really beautiful waterfalls that were coming down off the side of the mountains where the slides that happened this year with all the rain we had. I think John and Marianne had a good time I know Donnie and I did it was great to get up there and see some of the sites just don’t ever have time to go to.

No comments: